Sunday, August 5, 2012

Rain

Yesterday, as I was walking to the bus stop, it started to sprinkle a bit. I was not that concerned so I didn't go back home to get a umbrella. I was on my way to buy cat food for our kitten. When I got in the bus, the sprinkle turned into a storm. The rain was hitting the ground so hard that white sprays of water shot up every time a raindrop hit. The people in the bus were looking with their faces glued to the window. As we passed the indoor market, we could see a whole crowd of people standing just outside the door, waiting for the rain to stop. As we were going over the overpass, there was so much rainwater rushing down that is was like driving in a raging river. When we got to the next bus stop, people had to jump from the sidewalk to the bus because the rain was so deep it covered their feet completely.
When we finally got to the supermarket, it was raining so hard that almost as soon as I walked out of the bus I was drenched. I walked into the supermarket, because I like the feeling of rain, and just like at the indoor market, there were people standing right inside the door. I quickly bought what I needed, and then left the supermarket. As I was leaving, I saw this 10 or 11 year old boy, holding up one umbrella for himself, and one umbrella he was not doing anything with. As he got to the door of the supermarket, an old grandmotherly person walked up to him, and he gave her his extra umbrella. I guessed that she was his grandma and he had come to make sure she got home without getting wet.
I continued my walk because I still needed to get some more cat things. As I was walking in the pouring rain without a umbrella, people gave me the weirdest looks. One person walked past me, and for the look he gave me, I might as well have been walking down the street in my underwear!
When I finally got to the pet store I was going to, it was closed! I decided to skip the pet store and go straight home. I waited at the bus stop for about 10 minuets, but there was no bus! So I walked back to the pet store to see if they had opened. There was a lady standing outside, and she said that the store would open in a few minuets. As soon as I walked into the store, I was able to find everything I needed. I quickly ran across the street to the bus stop, and took a nice long bus ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment